Textile Scholarship Awards
Applications for scholarships are invited from students at the following establishments only:
- Falmouth University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Loughborough University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Royal College of Art
- University of Huddersfield
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS - Friday 12th October 2018
- Scholarships are normally in the range of £1,000 - £3,000 and are available for study in any weaving-related discipline, eg technology, management etc.
- Applications are invited from undergraduates who have completed at least one year of study, and from postgraduate students.
- Applicants must demonstrate a special interest in weaving or woven textiles.
- Applicants must be British subjects.
- Applications must be supported by a reference from the Course Tutor (for students beginning a postgraduate course, the reference should be their Undergraduate Tutor).
- Applications must be approved and countersigned by the student's Head of Department.
- The Head of Department will send applications to the Weavers' Company.
- Short-listed candidates are invited for interview at the Company's offices in November. Travel expenses are met.
- Applicants will be advised of the Company's decision in December.
- Successful applicants are asked to provide a short report at the end of the academic year stating how they have benefitted from the award.
Stuart Hollender Award
All applicants for the Company's scholarships are automatically considered for the Stuart Hollander Award. This is the Company's premier scholarship that commemorates the life and work of Stuart Hollander, CBE - a member of the Company who played a significant role in the textile industry. It comprises an additional cash award of £1,000.
For further information, please email
Anne Howe, Charities Officer - email@example.com