Textile Scholarship Awards
Applications for scholarships are invited from students at the following establishments only:
Central St. Martins College of Art and Design
University of Huddersfield
Royal College of Art
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS - Friday 14th October 2016
- Scholarships are normally in the range of £1,000 - £3,000
- Scholarships are available for study in any weaving-related discipline, eg technology, design, management etc.
- Applications are invited from undergraduates who have completed at least one year of study, and from postgraduate students.
- Applicants must demonstrate a special interest in weaving or woven textiles.
- Applicants must be British subjects.
- Applications must be supported by a reference from the Course Tutor (for studentes beginning a postgraduate course, the referee should be their Undergraduate Tutor).
- Applications must be submitted to the student's Head of Department for approval and counter-signature. The Head of Department will pass the applications to the Company.
- Students seeking funding for a postgraduate course should send the form to their postgraduate Head of Department.
- Short-listed candidates are invited for interview at the Company's offices in November. Travel expenses are met.
- Applicants will be advised of the Company's decision in December.
- Successful applicants are asked to provide a short report at the end of the academic year stating how they have benifitted from the award.
Stuart Hollender Award
All applicants for the Company's scholarships are automatically considered for the Stuart Hollander Award. This is the Company's premier scholarship that commemorates the life and work of Stuart Hollander, CBE - a member of the Company who played a significant role in the textile industry. It comprises an additional cash award of £1,000.
For an application form, please email
Anne Howe, Charities Officer - email@example.com